Feed in Tariff

If you install an electricity generating technology from a renewable or low-carbon source, such as Solar PV, you could get money back from your energy supplier via the government’s feed-in tariff (FIT) scheme.

You can be paid for the electricity that you generate, even if you use it yourself, and for any surplus that you export to the grid. And of course, you’ll also save money on your electricity bill because you’ll be generating your own electricity.

Your energy supplier makes the Feed-in Tariff payments to you. The large energy suppliers are required to do this by law, whereas smaller suppliers are not, but many choose to offer them anyway. Go to the Ofgem website for a list of FITs-licensed suppliers.  

For you to qualify for FITs, the installer and the products you use must both be certified under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS). The tariffs you receive depend on both the eligibility date and your property’s Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating.

Plumb-Line is an MCS-accredited installer and only installs MCS-accredited products under the FIT scheme.